Gastroenterology and GI Surgery
The Department of Gastroenterology provides services in this specialty for managing patients with all sorts of gastrointestinal, liver and pancreatic diseases
It is the branch of medicine focused on the digestive system and its disorders. Diseases affecting the gastrointestinal tract, which include the organs from mouth to anus, along the alimentary canal, are the focus of this speciality. Hepatology, or hepato-biliary medicine, encompasses the study of the liver, pancreas, and biliary tract, and is traditionally considered a sub-specialty of Gastroenterology.
We at SMJ Hospital Provide Comprehensive 24 hour services for Acute GI emergencies like Acute Bleeds, Hepatic Emergencies, and Foreign body management with a wide range of latest Endoscopic set up for Diagnostic & Therapeutic GI procedures supported by round the clock Emergency Department & ICUs.
Our team of well experienced Gastrointestinal, Laparoscopic surgeons caters to a variety of patients for various GI Surgeries which includes upper gastrointestinal, hepato-biliary, pancreatic, colorectal, laparoscopic, Onco-surgery using advanced technology & latest guidelines.
The department of Gastroenterology & GI surgery is well supported with world-class diagnostic facilities like CT scan, Gastrointestinal Endoscopy services, Interventional Radiology services, state of the art operation theaters and tertiary level of ICU care.
Diagnostic & Therapeutic Upper GI Endoscopy for Liver, Gall Bladder and Pancreas:
- Diagnostic & Therapeutic ERCP- Endoscopic Retrograde Cholangiopancreatography
- Diagnostic & Therapeutic Colonoscopy
- Diagnostic & Therapeutic Sigmoidoscopy
- PEG (Percutaneous Endoscopic Gastrostomy) & Pseudocyst Drainage
- Management of life-threatening conditions such as acute liver failure, GI bleeding, acute pancreatitis, acute colitis
- Management of all type of jaundice Hepatitis A, B, C, E Drug-induced etc., liver disorders (cirrhosis of the liver & its complications).
- Management of Alcoholic Liver Disease.
- Foreign body removal from the GI tract.
- Treatment of Gall Bladder Stones, Common Bile duct Stones , gall stone removal and stenting
- Management of all cases of pain in the abdomen
- Difficulty in swallowing, Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD )
- Variceal banding
- Management of Constipation & Diarrhea
- Management of Dyspepsia
- Management of Blood in Vomiting (Hematemesis) Blood in stools (Melena)
- Inflammatory Bowel Disease
- Treatment of Diseases of the pancreas, including acute and chronic pancreatitis, autoimmune pancreatitis, hereditary pancreatitis, pancreatic cysts, adult cystic fibrosis
- Peptic Ulcer Disease (Gastritis, Gastric Ulcer, Duodenal Ulcer), Irritable Bowel Syndrome
- Endoscopic removal of polyps and dilation for strictures
- Percutaneous Endoscopic Gastrostomy
- Basic & advanced Laparoscopic Surgery for Pancreas, Appendix, Hiatus Hernia, Intestine, & Gall Bladder
- Bariatric Surgery
- Gastrointestinal cancer (anal, colon, rectal, stomach, small bowel, gallbladder, liver, bile duct)
- Hepato-Biliary Surgery- Surgery for Liver, Gall bladder & Bile Duct Cancer.
- Surgery for Pancreas & Pancreatic Cancer.
- Intestinal & Colorectal Surgery
- Surgery for Hemorrhoids, Fistula & Fissure
- A State-of-the-art modern endoscopic suite
- Modern modular Operation Theatres
- Fluoroscopy Machines
- Diagnostic radiology services – CT scan, Gastrointestinal Endoscopy services, Interventional Radiology services, Pathology lab and tertiary level of ICU care.
- High Definition Laparoscopy Instrumentation set
- Tissue Sealers
- Vessel Sealing technology
- Ultrasonic Surgical Aspirator
- Gastro-intestinal Anastomosis Stapler (GIA) & Endo-GIA Stapler.
- Abdominal Retractor Syste
|Dr. Rishabh P. Jain (Gastroenterologist)||TUES||04:30 PM – 06:00 PM|
|THURS||04:30 PM – 06:00 PM|
|Dr. Suhas Udgirkar (Gastroenterologist)||MON||07:30 PM – 09:00 PM|
|WED||04:30 PM – 06:00 PM|
|FRI||04:30 PM – 06:00 PM|