Optimised prevention, diagnosis, treatment, and understanding of pulmonary disorders through research-driven clinical care
Pulmonary medicine is the medical super speciality dealing with the prevention, diagnosis, and treatment of the entire spectrum of respiratory diseases. The skilled management patiently treat people who are suffering from various lung diseases and severe critically ill patients who require ventilator support
- Management of allergic disorders, asthma, COPD, bronchiectasis, bullous lung diseases, and congenital lung diseases.
- Management of tuberculosis, MDR and XDR TB, complicated pneumonia, lung abscess, various fungus and tropical infection of the lung, HIV and other immunocompromised patients.
- Management of drug-induced, occupational and environmental lung diseases, and different interstitial lung diseases.
- Management of acute respiratory failure ARDS,
- Management of sleep-related disorder (CSA, OHS, OSA, Snoring,)
- Management of different pleural pathology(pleural effusion, empyema, pneumothorax, hemothorax, malignancy ) and lung and mediastinal tumors.
- Intercostal drainage insertion.
- Pigtail catheter insertion.
- Pleurodesis, therapeutic and diagnostic thoracocentesis.
- Therapeutic and diagnostic video bronchoscopy:
- TBNA (Transbronchial needle aspiration), brushing, BAL (bronchoalveolar lavage), Transbronchial and endobronchial biopsy
- Foreign body removal, rigid bronchial dilatation and balloon dilatation .endobronchial laser therapy, cryotherapy, electrocautery, brachytherapy, photodynamic therapy and tracheobronchial stenting)
- Medical thoracoscopy. (Pleural biopsy, adhesiolysis.).
- Thoracic surgery like tracheobronchial fistula, bronchopulmonary fistula, lobectomy, Pleurectomy, pneumonectomy…
Pulmonary medicine services are well supported with 24*7 availability of a qualified team of pulmonologists and critical care specialists, Trained Intensive Care Nurses, Dieticians, Physiotherapists, and paramedical staff.
We have 16 bedded ICU with the latest ventilators, multipara monitors, defibrillator with central pacing facility with 24*7 availability of all diagnostic services like pulmonary cytopathology, bedside Ultrasonography, X-Rays, and 2D Echo etc., Pharmacy and other supportive clinical services.
Complete evaluation of respiratory system by Simple and advanced pulmonary function tests ( PFT) for standard testing like lung volume(TGV,TLC,FRC etc ),slow vital capacity(SVC), maximum voluntary ventilation(MVV),MIP/MEP, respiratory drive, bronchial challenge test, absolute and specific conductance of airway(GAW/SGAW)absolute and specific airway resistance.
Advanced sleep laboratory performs and scores sleep studies following the guideline set by the American Academy of sleep medicine.
We, at SMJ hospital, Thane provide the following tests for patients with sleep disorders—
Attended diagnostic sleep studies(polysomnography)
Attended splits night sleep studies(combined diagnostic and CPAP titration studies)
Multiple sleep latency tests(MSLT)
Maintenance of wakefulness tests(MWT)
Home diagnostic sleep studies
A state of the art modern bronchoscope suit for diagnosis and treatment of various pleuropulmonary diseases with latest rigid bronchoscope, flexible video Bronchoscopy, medical thoracoscope (pleuroscope).
|Dr. Sagar Raiya (Chest Physician)||TUE||11:00 AM – 01:00 PM|
|THU||11:00 AM – 01:00 PM|
|SAT||11:00 AM – 01:00 PM|
|Dr. Rathna Balakrishnan||MON||01:30 PM – 03:00 PM|
|FRI||01:30 PM – 03:00 PM|