Specialists who provide treatment and care for disorders of the urinary system
The SMJ Hospital provides comprehensive services for management of various genitourinary problems in adults and children by highly qualified and experienced team of dedicated urologists, who are available 24 hours a day. The faculty subspecialises in the fields of Oncourology, Pediatric Urology, Laparoscopic Urology, Andrology, Female Urology, and Reconstructive Urology.
- All the advanced treatment options for stones in the kidney and other parts of the urinary tract are available at our hospital.
- The latest “Dornier Compact Delta” ESWL machine is available for the most effective crushing of stones without surgery.
- Diagnosis and management of urological diseases like stone extraction, Laparoscopic and retroperitoneoscopic nephrectomy and radical nephrectomy, laparoscopic nephron sparing surgeries, pyeloplasty and radical prostatectomy
- Laparoscopic and retroperitoneoscopic adrenalectomy, correction of hydronephrosis due to PUJ obstruction and re-implantation of the ureters
- Ureteroscopy, flexible ureteroscopy and laser lithotripsy
- Transurethral resection of prostate (TURP)
- Percutaneous nephrolithotomy (PCNL)
- Transurethral resection of bladder tumor (TURBT)
URO – ONCOLOGY
- The cancers of kidney, bladder, prostate, ureters, adrenals, testis and penis are taken care by this speciality
- Laparoscopic and open radical nephrectomies for renal malignancy.
- Open and laparoscopic partial nephrectomies (nephron sparing surgeries),
- Management and staging of prostate cancer by TRUSS
- Laparoscopic prostatectomy
- Radical cystectomy with orthotopic neobladder reconstruction for urinary bladder malignancy.
- Inguinal orchiectomy, retroperitoneal lymph node dissection and chemotherapy for testicular carcinoma
- Open adrenelectomy, Retroperitoneoscopic adrenelectomy for adrenal tumours
- Partial or total penectomy and radical lymph node dissection for carcinoma of penis.
- Surgical reconstruction of congenital defects of the urinary tract either by open surgery or laparoscopy is available. Hypospadias, vesico ureteric reflux, hydronephrosis, stone disease, urethral valves, etc.
FEMALE UROLOGY AND NEURO-UROLOGY
- Treatment of women with incontinence of urine and management of urinary problems in patients with neurological disease or injury.
- Expertise for sling operations, TVT (Tension Free Vaginal Tape), TOT (Trans Obturator Tape), SPARC (SupraPubic Arc sling) and augmentation and continent urinary diversion procedures.
- Laparoscopic kidney retrieval, vascular access and fistula creation.
- Comprehensive evaluation and every effort is made to complete the evaluation process to have a diagnosis and to plan the treatment at our hospital.
- The outpatient department has facilities to take care of urology procedures. It is supported by trained staff, full-fledged procedure room, dedicated X-ray machines, ultrasound equipment, CT scan , MRI services, image guided radiofrequency ablation equipment and double headed gamma camera
- Uroflow meters and urodynamic machines are used for assessing the urine flow and evaluating neurogenic bladder.
- Modern uroradiology department with mobile x ray machine, USG machine.
- Flexible cystoscopes
- Extracorporeal shock wave lithotripsy unit
- Hospital has medical oncologists, state-of-the-art radiology, and pathology departments, all under one roof for various genitourinary cancer